Need more information or have a question?
MATHCOUNTS Trainer Contest
The MATHCOUNTS Trainer Contest will run from August 15, 2020 through April 5, 2021. The contest is open to students enrolled in the Middle School Contest Math class. Eligible students will see the participation button on top of this page once they've logged into their student accounts. All dates and times about the contest are provided in GMT.
Students gain points for every problem answered correctly from August 15, 2020 through 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT April 5, 2021.
- Students earn 100, 200, 300, and 400 points for correctly solving a school, chapter, state, and national level problem, respectively.
- If the same question is answered correctly multiple times, only the first correct answer during the contest will earn full points, and each of the other correct answers will earn 20% of the full points.
- There is no penalty for answering questions incorrectly. Points can only be earned, not lost.
- Students only compete for prizes with those who enrolled in the same AoPS Academy course.
- Ties will be broken based on the longest streak, with the student who had the most consecutive days earning points through the duration of the contest being ranked higher (note that this does not necessarily coincide with the student's current streak). In the event that two students also have the same longest streak, they will be tied in the rankings. For a day to count towards a student's streak, they must earn points prior to 11:59 PM GMT. With this in mind, we encourage students to set aside a consistent time each day to work on math contest problems.
Prizes for the top 10 students in each eligible course will be awarded after the contest ends. Top scorers will be awarded Amazon gift cards in the amounts shown below.
- 1st place: $100
- 2nd place: $75
- 3rd place: $50
- 4th - 6th place: $25
- 7th - 10th place: $10
Students must be enrolled in the corresponding course at AoPS Academy on April 5, 2021, to be eligible for a prize.
Students can start to earn points on August 15, 2020, but the scores and leaderboards will not be revealed here until sometime in early October.
Leaderboards (View All Campuses)
Scores were last updated Saturday, January 16th, 2021 7:00 pm EST
Middle School Contest Math
Showing Top 12 only
Highest points earned in a single day
|MS Contest Math|
Most consecutive days earning points:
|MS Contest Math|
2020-11-04 - 2020-12-10
2020-12-19 - 2021-01-16
2020-10-13 - 2020-10-31